The Upside activewear review: how does this Australian gym brand hold up during workouts?

The Upside activewear review how does this Australian gym brand - The Upside activewear review: how does this Australian gym brand hold up during workouts?

Source: The Upside activewear review: how does this Australian gym brand hold up during workouts?

When it comes to workout clothes, I prioritize function over fashion. There’s no more annoying feeling than leggings that sag at the knee, a sports bra that rubs when you burpee, and sneakers that press into your feet. Because of this, I keep wearing the same few reliable pieces of athletic apparel and I’m afraid to dip my toe into the world of Instagram gym gear – I’d love to work out in nice clothes, but I’m not willing to compromise on support.

That’s why I was skeptical that Australian activewear brand The Upside could actually keep up with my workout. The brand’s social media is full of gorgeous lifestyle shots of women dancing, bending and walking in sheer leggings and preppy sweatshirts. “Looks good,” I thought. “But I bet it won’t last if I sweat it out in my London gym instead of stretching on Melbourne beaches.”

There was only one way to find out. I put her Mia kit to the test, consisting of high-waisted leggings (£110, net-a-porter.com) and a racerback sports bra (£90, net-a-porter.com). I’ve worn it to many different classes and training sessions to see if the attractive activewear actually works during training.

Looks

The upside kit is undeniably chic, but I especially love the combo of orange stripes on dark blue. The paneling on the sides of the legs is not only perfect for adding some length to my short legs, but also gives me an athletic touch so I don’t feel out of place at the gym. The racerback cut of the sports bra is also my favorite shape to add some functionality to the set with its supportive shape.

comfort

The seamless material ensures an incredibly comfortable workout. With no hard threads to press into my skin, I get through mat exercises in Pilates and yoga without irritation. The compression fit keeps the super high waistband from rolling down when I squat, and it’s also super stretchy, which means I can take deep breaths to support my core without feeling pinched.

perfomance

My main concern is that this set just won’t hold up to my workout, but once I try on the mid-weight material of the leggings and bra I can tell it’s knee-high. I also love how strong the fabric feels – from the first touch it’s clear it won’t rip or tear as I move quickly through my exercises.

In fact, the material is so thick that I worry I’ll end up covered in sweat stains. However, it proves to be incredibly sweat-wicking and quick-drying, leaving no visible moisture stains even after tough workouts. The bra supports a medium-impact cut, which means I’ll keep it for strength-based workouts or walking rather than running or HIIT.

Price-performance ratio

The whole set costs £200, which is on the expensive end of the activewear scale. While I absolutely love the kit, I don’t think you need to spend that kind of money to feel supported in the gym. It’s also worth noting that this particular set doesn’t have a particularly comprehensive size range and is only stocked extra small to large. However, other The Upside tracks go to XXL.

The judgment

It’s a shame that the price and size range puts this amazing set out of the reach of many as the pieces have definitely made me stronger and more confident in strength training. The quality of materials and design is evident: this set is one of the most comfortable and best performing sets in my collection. But with the current cost of living crisis, who has £200 to spend on a bra and leggings? Luckily, at the time of writing, they’re having a sale on their website, so you might be able to bag a few half-price pieces.

Via: toplistreviewstips.com



from toplistreviewstips.com https://ift.tt/i6dlOvC
via Toplistreviewstips.com

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Kate And Camilla Both Made A Cardinal Fashion Sin At The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee

2016 Jeep Wrangler Review

Marilyn Monroe’s Estate Reveals What They Really Think About Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala Look